The Starr Cancer Consortium is intended largely to support critical mass, collaborative projects with the potential for transforming impact on the understanding and treatment of cancer, through the development and systematic application of molecular technologies.
The goal of the Starr Cancer Consortium is to support transformative collaborative research. The research areas include but are not limited to Technology Development, Disease Applications and Basic Biology.
- Technology Development. To drive the development of technology for molecular characterization of cancer through collaborative research among the participating institutions of the Starr Cancer Consortium.
- Disease Applications. To apply new molecular technologies in collaborative projects directed at diverse cancers, in the process gaining a deeper understanding of the molecular basis of these cancers and defining new paradigms for cancer research, diagnosis and treatment.
- Basic Biology. To accelerate collaborative research of the basic biological mechanisms underlying the development of cancers.
The Starr Cancer Consortium seeks proposals for funding through a Request for Applications (RFA) mechanism.
Eleventh Starr Cancer Consortium grant competition - OPEN
The Request for Applications
is available here [PDF
Letters of Intent
Applicants should submit a Letter of Intent (LOI) prior to submission of an application.
Letters of Intent must include:
- Project title
- PI name, rank, affiliation and contact information
- Co-PI(s) name, rank, affiliation and contact information
- Collaborator(s) name and affiliation
- Indicate if this is a new application, a revised application, or a renewal application
- Brief statement of topic and scope (not required for competing project renewal applications)
LOIs should be sent as Word or pdf documents to SCC@mskcc.org
The deadline for letters of intent is April 6, 2017
Applicants must use SCC application templates.
Completed applications must be submitted via the Application Submission page (coming soon).
The deadline for application submission is July 27, 2017 at 5:00PM
For further information contact:
Sylvie Le Blancq, Ph.D.
Starr Cancer Consortium
Telephone: 646 888 3773